Monday, January 25, 2010

List No. 2

Eating is practically a religion in France, so this list is all about food! Here are my favorite things to eat in Paris and where to find them:

1. Crêpes, especially banana + nutella. Just make sure you get a freshly made one and not one off the stack that's been sitting there all day (soggy crêpe= very disappointing experience).

There is definitely going to be some nutella in my post-France future.

 
 [image via flickr]

2. Macarons from Ladurée. I had never had macarons before I came to Paris, and before I bit into one for the first time I really had no idea what they would taste like. The answer? The most delicate, crispy, creamy bite of heaven you've ever eaten. Especially the rose and bitter chocolate flavors. Mmm...


[images via here]
Plus they're just so darn pretty!


3. L'As du Falafel (see this post)

4. Angelina's hot chocolate. Like drinking a melted bar of dark chocolate.


(Lovely watercolor by Carol Gillott)

5. Café au lait served in giant pretty bowls at Coquelicot in Montmartre.

  

6. Indiana Tex-Mex. Funny name and some definite genre-confusion, but relatively good Mexican food.

7. Breakfast in America for when you're really craving a burger and a root beer float.

8. My host mom's dinners. While sadly not available to the general public, I couldn't leave her out because she is such an incredible cook!  A perfect cheese soufflé and homemade chocolate mousse? Oh, just another regular weeknight dinner, no big deal. It's a good thing I only have two dinners a week with my host family or I would have gained the equivalent of a kindergartner.

No comments:

Post a Comment