Saturday, January 2, 2010

L'As du Fallafel


I was over in the Marais the other day and decided to finally make the trip to L'As du Fallafel, the much raved-over "best fallafel in Paris." 

I have to say it definitely lived up to the hype. On the Rue des Rosiers in an old Jewish neighborhood, L'As du Fallafel is pretty unassuming, just a little hole-in-the-wall place with a few tables and a noisy kitchen. I was by myself so I didn't feel like sitting, despite the ever-increasing drizzle outside. So I took my fallafel to go, stood under an awning down the street and devoured the whole thing. I then noticed several other people doing the same. Very messy, but so good.

photo via Richard Harbus, The New York Times

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow. I wonder if this is the place I visited when in Paris. We were also directed to the best place and in the same area, of course. Had Lenny Kravitz visited there? That is popping out in my mind, though it was 8 years ago now. I still think of that falafel!

    I love your blog. It makes me miss Paris so much.

    ReplyDelete