Tuesday, January 26, 2010

List No. 4

It is my second-to-last day in Paris and I am currently stuck sitting at my desk. Which brings me to...


Things I would rather be doing right now than studying for a final exam:

1. Ice skating outside the Hôtel de Ville. At least, I think the rink is still open - it's certainly cold enough out today.



2. Going for one last hurrah at the soldes (sales!). They only happen twice a year, after all.
3. Seeing a show at the Opéra Garnier. Any show - I'm not picky when it comes to this place.
4. Getting some coffee and pastries à emporter from Angelina's and taking a wintry stroll through the Tuileries.
5. Going to Merci one last time...sigh. I shall miss thee.
6. Paying a visit to my favorite crêpe guy in Montmartre. I'm going to miss those too...Anyone have a good recipe for crêpes?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to have just discovered you now as your trip comes to an end! Paris is by far my favourite city in the world, I'm quite obsessed. As for crepe recipes, I do actually have one! (My dad is from the South of France, and makes crepes for us Sunday mornings!) It's simple, but good. Makes a very nice thin crepe- even better with the addition of nutella & strawberries, or fresh fruit of course!
    -3 large eggs
    -1-1/3 cups whole milk
    -3/4 cups unbleached flour
    -3/4 teaspoon salt
    -1/4 cup sugar
    -5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.
    (I usually double this)

    Hmmm...may have to post this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete