Friday, November 20, 2009

Metro Love


I just discovered the site Croisé dans le Métro via Prêt à Voyager and am sort of addicted. It's basically the same idea as "Missed Connections" on Craigslist, only all the posts sound even more lovely and romantic because they're in French. Here's one of my favorites (with a very imperfect translation by me).

Ce matin, 18 novembre à 08h00 environ. Vous vous êtes assise en face de moi… Vous m’avez souri… Un vrai poème. J’ai arrêté de lire et vous ai observée… Manteau noir, écharpe bleu-marine, bottes marrons… Vous êtes blonde, cheveux longs. Et vous avez un sourire à cueillir la lune, à gravir des montagnes, à affronter la mer sur un radeau de fortune.
Vous m’avez souri deux fois. Vous êtes descendue à Nanterre. Je vous ai suivi puis perdu de vue… J’étais triste.
J’espère du fond du cœur vous revoir.

This morning, November 18th, around 8:00. You were sitting across from me... You smiled at me... A true poem. I stopped reading and looked at you... Black coat, teal blue scarf, brown boots... You are blonde, with long hair. And you have a smile to catch the moon, to climb mountains, to brave the sea on a raft of fate.
You smiled at me twice. You got off at Nanterre. I followed but lost sight of you...
I was sad.
I hope from the bottom of my heart to see you again.


(cool photo of the metro by Sebastien Fantini)

No comments:

Post a Comment