Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mont Saint-Michel


On the second day of our school trip we came here, and it was one of the most incredible, beautiful places I've ever been.  The town that's built up around the base of the Mont is what you would imagine a little fairy-tale French village to be, all winding cobblestone streets and hidden passageways, cozy shops and crêperies. The monastery at the top is beautiful, too, but the best part of it all is the view.  Mont Saint-Michel is a tidal island in the Couesnon River, so all you see for miles is water and sky.






1 comment:

  1. Chere Aly,

    Mon Dieu! I absolutely LOVE your blog. It's witty, insightful, tantalizing, funny, and brilliant. My name is Christopher Brokus, a humble student of French and avid Francophile. Currently, I am in high school (I attend the dumpiest, poorest Catholic school in Pennsylvania) but I long to see the world, and France (much like you did). I appreciate and sincerely thank you for this beacon, and continue this marvelous stuff. If at all possible, I'd love to continue conversing via e-mail, about France, about French, about college (I have a sincere interest in Middlebury), and about life. My address is xavierbrokus@ymail.com. I understand that you are tremendously busy, so I won't hold my breath waiting. Mais, if you have some time, I would love to chat. Au revoir.

    Grosses Bises,
    Christopher "Jean-Laurent" Brokus

    ReplyDelete